I’ve always looked forward to Sundays. I treasure them as the traditional “day of rest”. After church, I either a) go out to eat with my family, or b) come home for a lazy lunch and a nice long nap. What’s not to love?
Where do you fit in your time of rest? Your daily/weekly nourishment? I’ve been reminded lately in more ways than one how important it is to slow down. We’re all in a hurry, but as Alabama sang in their classic song, “all I really gotta do is live and die.” Sometimes I have to remind myself to do just that… and trust God with the rest. Maybe you do too <3.
Inspiring this week:
- Tim Denning’s Slow Down: Life Is Not A Race – a read I especially recommend if you’re struggling with the above!
- This week I’ve been binge watching a YouTube channel I just discovered called Mind Over Munch. Check it out if you’re interested in meal planning and/or real-world nutritional advice.
- 37 Simple Daily Behaviors That Will Immediately Free up Hours in Your Weekly Schedule from Thomas Oppong- You’re sure to find something here that can help you out!
- Life Lessons From 100-Year-Olds – Having watched this, I think the common denominator in these peoples’ lives is positivity. They found good and happiness in everything they experienced, even things like war and the loss of children.
- Niklas Goeke’s The Perfect Schedule: A Simple Exercise In Life Design suggests a fun and enlightening exercise – what does your perfect day look like?
From Inspiration Kindled
Get your FREE daily checklist! Read my article, the productivity tool that’s revamped my life, and sign up at the bottom to get your checklist delivered to your inbox!
Or check me out on Medium:
- Storm – a short story
- 10 ideas for deciding what to do next
- what is in me – a poem
- 10 things in the world I don’t understand
- unwelcome – a poem I wrote in high school
Quote of the Week
“Most of us have two lives: the life we live and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance.” ~ Steven Pressfield
Wishing you an inspiring week!
Get your FREE Daily Checklist!
Plus my weekly newsletter, Inspiring This Week, & occasionally other awesome stuff!