As I’ve hinted at in my last few posts, for the past month or so I’ve been pushing myself crazy hard. I’ve taken on project after project, challenge after challenge… and of course, eventually, something was going to have to give. I realized today that I haven’t practiced Spanish in a week, or coding for even longer. I failed to post on Medium for two days (I’m supposed to be doing the post-a-day challenge,) and I didn’t much care. I didn’t even try.
Today I’ve re-evaluated. I took a good, hard look at my priorities, and I’m trying to get myself back on track… a more realistic track, this time.
Here are 7 motivational quotes that inspire me to keep going. I hope they inspire you, too!
1. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~Arthur Ashe
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: do the next right thing. If you always keep it that simple, you’ll continue to progress. Even the most daunting tasks will seem less insurmountable.
2. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
See each day as a fresh opportunity. You can’t change what you did or didn’t do yesterday, but you can choose to use the next 24 hours optimally.
3. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~Nelson Mandela
How many accomplishments have you celebrated that initially seemed impossible? I know I can name quite a few, and there are even more of these “impossible” tasks facing me in the near future. I intend to do them anyway.
4. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ~Confucius
The most important thing you can do to achieve your goals is to make consistent progress, and consistent progress usually isn’t rapid. Slow and steady wins the race! You can read more about how I use this concept in my own list in this post, and download a FREE daily checklist while you’re at it!
5. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~Robert H. Schuller
This is one of the best attitude shifts you can master. Instead of letting your problems make you a quitter, always view them as opportunities to learn – and then do it better!
6. “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” ~Lao Tzu
There will always be necessities that are hard or unpleasant… but every once in a while, your mood and energy peak enough that you feel up to the challenge. Take advantage of those moments. They are precious gifts not to be squandered, but they might also be fleeting!
7. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
You’ve probably heard the phrase nothing worth having comes easy. What is easy is getting discouraged along your way and calling it quits. I like this quote from Thomas Edison not only because it encourages me to keep trying, but to keep trying one more time. One more time is almost always an achievable goal.
What is your motivation to start again when you’ve let yourself slide away from your goals? I’d love to hear your thoughts and tips!
Join me in spreading inspiration!
Get my weekly newsletter, inspiring this week, delivered to you inbox, plus other (occasional) awesome stuff.